Administrative Council Minutes April 16, 2014
Attendees: Brandon Ballentine, Mary Bledsoe, Dean Copple, Michele DeFelice, Elizabeth Firestone, Li Gao, Nadia Keyes, Sara McMurray, Nancy Rasnake, Dick Smelser, Fonda Vickery, Alice Wershing, and Lois Williams
Brandon Ballantine called the meeting to order at 9:05 with a review of the March minutes. Mary Bledsoe moved to approve the minutes and Lois Williams seconded the motion. Motion passed.
Li Gao reported a balance of $355.19. Ann Satkowiak moved to approve the treasurer’s report and Sarah McMurray seconded. Motion passed.
Fonda Vickery started by dancing a Happy Dance and reported that $2625 was raised by the auction. The goal each year is $2500. Brandon then demonstrated his Happy Dance as well.
The following ideas were discussed for the next auction:
- Adding a donation button to the auction site
- Consider moving the spring auction to the fall or even perhaps both semesters
- Advertise that it is possible to state “anonymous” on the In-Kind-Gift form if a donor desires
- Include dimensions for art work and more detailed descriptions if possible and enlist the help of someone who is knowledgeable about artwork and auctions
- Incorporate a “starting bid” or estimated value on the higher-end items
It was decided to include a question on the officer elections form regarding the future date/s of the auction.
Abundant Kudos were lavished on Fonda Vickery, Nancy Rasnake, Lois Williams, Brandon Ballentine and Spencer Joy for their tireless work and dedication to details that contributed greatly to the success of this year’s auction.
Brandon provided feedback from emails received regarding council member’s interest in sponsoring a speaker to address retirement topics. There seemed to be a favorable response and a request for including site campus participants. Brandon will provide a live stream for the presentation. It was decided to open the presentation to all campuses, all employees. Nancy moved to allocate money for the speaker not to exceed $300 and for the event to be held after graduation. Fonda seconded and the motion passed.
20/20 Spotlight: Disability Services
Alice Wershing, Technical Specialist reviewed the new and improved website for Disability Services highlighting the following:
- addition of accessible online forms for students
- an “Announcements” page providing timely information
- a “News” page providing relevant legislation and technology updates
- a “General Resources” page providing easy access to policies and procedures and specific resources for faculty and students
Members signed thank you cards for Allison, Bookstore, and Sayona, Cafeteria, for their door prize donations. April door prize winners: Nancy Rasnake, Fonda Vickery, Dick Smelser, and the grand prize winner of two Knoxville Zoo tickets was Sarah McMurray. Lois Williams won a lovely water bottle that could be used for a variety of liquids (you had to be there to understand the double entendre).
Meeting adjourned at 10:10 a.m.
Recorder: Mary Bledsoe