Administrative Council Minutes
Sep 21, 2016
In attendance: Larry Bates, Michael Cannady, Dean Copple, Rachael Cragle, Michele DeFelice, Philip Ems, Lia Gao, Carole Gary, Judy Gosch, Royce Jacomen, LaKietha Jackson, LaQuinta Jackson, Spencer Joy, Pam Lau, Aneisa McDonald, Fonda Vickery, Gayle Wood.
- Called to order at 9:10 by Aneisa McDonald.
- Aneisa thanked Nancy Ramsey, Marilyn Roddy and LaKietha Jackson for supplying food.
- Aneisa Introduced current officers
- Aneisa asked for review and approval of July Minutes
- Judy Gosh motioned to approve min.
- Pam Lau second
- Minutes approved
- Li Gao gave finance report
- $500 balance in account
- $2624.84 in scholarship account
- Aneisa announced that upcoming discussions of scholarship in next meeting.
- Mention made of options for fund; Challenge accounts, Matching accounts
- Mentioned that Admin Council is bottom of other organizations for scholarships
- Currently we have contributed to 22 students
- Updated info will be posted on Admin Council Blog site
- Admin spotlight was presented by Annie Gray on Pellissippi Pantry and Hardin Valley Garden
- Admin council is scheduled to act as Pantry Program Sponsor in Jan
- Annie listened to several fundraising and contributions ideas from staff
- Brief discussion of Panther Trading Post. No real report for Panther Trade Post accept that will be Facebook Page and plan for committee to meet before next meeting. Report to come
- Review of upcoming meeting schedule. Next meeting (Oct) will be at Strawberry Plains campus. Aneisa asked for those who wish to ride van to notify her. Several from meeting stated they were planning to attend. (Jackson, DeFalice, Gerry, McDonald, Cannady, Copple in addition to council.
- Reviewed committee per the constitution and current members of each (listed on blog site)
- Valentine day committee Michelle DeFalice volunteered to head up again. Gayle Wood agreed to help.
- Proposed combine Valentine Day party and start of auction same day to provide preview
- Discussed time may be too quick in order to get big contribution items or those items that individuals usually make.
- Would mean donation raising would have to start now
- Fonda will check to see if even possible
- Decided Valentine party will be held in College Center if possible. If not, Aneisa has already reserved annex.
- Gayle mentioned their office is sponsoring carnival this Friday night for kids 5-7.
Meeting adjourned at 1004