Gallery

‘Appy New Year!

I am excited to let you know that we have a few new features available in our college mobile app.

In addition to a facelift with the overall look and feel of the app (including some new icon graphics), we have also added some new modules:

cashier-icon2Cashier – allows you to pay your account balance via our TouchNet service. I hope someday we can have it log in from the app but for now, you will have to log in again into the secure payment area.

financialaid-icon2Financial Aid – provides you an overview of your financial aid offers and allows you to accept the offers

And coming soon: Holds – a module that will show any holds on your account so you can take care of them before registering for another semester.

But wait, there’s more!!

In addition, there are a few features that are new in our existing modules. The most interesting to me is the ability to add Contacts to your app from the Directory module. When you are in the mode and search for someone, look at the bottom of the screen of their record and you will see “Add to Contacts”.

screenshot of the mobile app with an arrow pointing to the bottom of the screen at the My Contacts button

Then, when you are in the main screen of the module, you can select “My Contacts” from the bottom of the screen and there will be a short list of the folks you contact the most so you easily call them or send an email from your phone.

Screenshot of mobile app with an arrow pointing to the lower right of the screen at the My Contacts button

More is still in development so stay tuned!

flickr photo shared by adambowie under a Creative Commons ( BY-NC-SA ) license

Similar Posts: