Set up your device
- In the Skype for Business main window, click the arrow next to the Options button and select Tools> Audio Device Settings.
- Under Audio device, choose the device you want.
- Click the green arrow next to Speaker to hear a sample tone, and drag the slider if you need to adjust the volume.
- To test your mic volume, speak for a few seconds. The volume is optimal when the progress bar reaches the middle of the test area. Drag the slider next to Microphone to adjust the mic volume.
- Click the green arrow button next to Ringer to hear a sample ring when you get a call, and drag the slider to adjust the ringer volume.
- If you have more than one audio device, you can choose to set both to ring when you get a call. Under Secondary Ringer, select Also ring, and then select an additional device.You can also select Unmute when my phone rings, which will automatically unmute your speakers when you receive a Skype for Business call.
- Select Allow stereo audio playback when available to make sure that the best audio quality is available during a meeting.
- Click OK when you’re done.
TIP: You can select different devices for microphone and speakers under each section. But to avoid echoing, it’s better to use the same device for both. If you have to use separate devices, minimize echoing by lowering your speaker’s volume.
If you don’t see your device in the list, make sure it’s connected directly to your computer and follow the instructions that came with the device to install it.