Michael Cook — June 5, 2010, 12:48 pm

Leaving Italy

So, tomorrow is the end of our study abroad trip. I feel excited to go back home, but I also feel that I will miss Italy and the adventures I’ve had. Things I’ll remember the most would have to be, of course, the food, the people, and the people I’ve met on this trip. I think I’ll appreciate this journey more in the future, looking back at pictures and remembering the cities we stayed in and the things we ate. Now for the things that I won’t miss: thin scary roads, very limited A/C, and sharing a room with two other guys. Guys, if you read this, no offense.

Tonight is our final dinner as a group. It will be sad to think I won’t see any of these people again, and I’m sure they’re all sad that they won’t see me anymore. Today, I ate my last gelato, but I actually ate two for memory sake. We also saw the Trevi Fountain and The Pantheon. The fountain was awesome, and probably the most crowded attraction I’ve seen. I didn’t know that Rafael was buried in the Pantheon. It was cool to see his tomb and to read the tombs of other important Italians buried there. The first and second kings of Italy are buried there and some patron saints.

After we shopped and ate, we took a bus to the catacomes. This is where martaryed christians were buried hundreds of years ago. It wasn’t much to look at, but it was nice to cool off underground. Thanks for reading my blog and caring enough about my trip to check it out. See you all when I get back.

No Comments

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.