This is the latest version of WordPress – called “Vaughn” after jazz singer Sarah Vaughn.
The biggest changes our bloggers will see is the new addition of Oembed codes for Facebook posts/activities/photo/ videos/media/questions/notes. Simply copy/paste the URL into a post and it will embed. This already works for YouTube, Twitter, Vimeo and others. Facebook joins the club.
Also, there is a new theme: Twenty Seventeen. From the WordPress Codex folks:
- It is an ambitious theme designed for business websites that focuses on a creative home page and an easy site setup experience for users (read more 1 and 2).
- multiple sections on the front page, selected in the Customizer.
- a striking asymmetrical grid.
- custom color schemes, built on top of a monochromatic foundation, and adjustable via a hue picker.
- different headline placement for pages, changeable in the Customizer, via them options.
- a great experience in many languages, thanks to language-specific font stacks.
- SVG icons (a first for a default theme).
- support for custom logo, custom header image and many post formats.
For more info: