Apevia Black/Black X-Plorer ATX Mid-Tower Case
Ultra X3 ULT40312 850-Watt Power Supply – ATX
ASUS P6T7 WS Super Computer Motherboard
Intel Core i7 950 Processor
Kingston Hyper X 4GB DDR3
WD Veloci Raptor 300GB Hard Drive
Plextor Blu-Ray Player – DVD/CD Burner
EVGA GeForce GTX 280 Video Card – 1GB GDDR3
Logitech Cordless Desktop, Bluetooth
Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System
Samsung P2570HD 25″ Class Widescreen LCD Monitor
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT Operating System
The first thing I would do is purchase the parts that I would need to build a computer and research them and make sure all were compatible with one another. The parts I would use are listed above; I choose these parts because they all had good ratings from others that have purchased them. Now that I have chosen the parts the next step is to put them together. The steps are listed below:
1. I would put the power supply in the case and secure it with the screws provided.
2. Place the motherboard in the case and use the screws to secure to the case.
3. Follow the instructions that came with the CPU and place it on to the motherboard along with the CPU cooling fan and plug the cooling fan’s power cord to the motherboard.
4. Place the RAM in the Memory slots on the mother board.
5. Use the motherboard user manual and connect all the case wires in the appropriate connections on the motherboard.
6. Place hard drive and CD-ROM drives in the case and secure them.
7. Place Video card in PCI Express 2.0 slot on motherboard and secure it.
8. Connect all the drives to the motherboard and connect power supply to all the components including the motherboard.
9. Place side panel on the case and secure it.
10. Connect keyboard, mouse, monitor, and speakers to the back of the case.
11. Power up the computer and setup BIOS.
12. Load operating system and activate it.
13. Now all you have to do is load the motherboard disk and Microsoft updates and than enjoy.
I build computers and repair them as a second source of income. The parts listed above are going to be used in a computer I will be building in the near future. I enjoy working with computers and I look forward to learning even more about them in this class.